Bruno Tonioli is reportedly holding talks with the BBC about whether he will be part of this year's edition of Strictly Come Dancing.
The 65-year-old was unable to be part of the judging panel last year due to coronavirus as he instead decided to stay in the US, where he appears on Dancing With The Stars.
Tonioli did stay part of Strictly, however, appearing via a video link on the Sunday night results shows - although his screentime was limited to just a few minutes per week.
According to The Sun, Tonioli is now back in the UK to work out a plan for the 2021 series and decide whether it is feasible for him to commute across the Atlantic every week once the show is on air.
The newspaper says that uncertainty also lies around the future of fellow judge Motsi Mabuse, who has committed to appearing in a stage show in Germany in November despite Strictly being on air at the time.
"Bruno is back in the UK for several months and during that time he will work out his Strictly contract. He has also been filming another project," a source said.
"Bosses are keen for the series to return to its pre-COVID glory as much as possible with a live audience and would love a full house on the judging panel.
"They are hopeful that they can make it work with Motsi, but it is harder with Bruno.
"If he can't be there in person he'll do some video links again, but it's not ideal."
The new series kicks off on BBC One at the end of September.