TV regulator Ofcom has confirmed that it received a formal complaint from Meghan Markle, the Duchess of Sussex, about Piers Morgan's now-infamous rant on Good Morning Britain earlier this week.
The 55-year-old presenter resigned from the breakfast show on Tuesday following comments he made on Monday in which he said he didn't "believe a word" of what Markle had said in a bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey, which also featured her husband Prince Harry.
Markle is said to have complained directly to ITV after the broadcast and now Ofcom has revealed that it also received a complaint from her - alongside at least 41,000 other outraged viewers.
An Ofcom spokesperson said: "We can confirm receipt of a standards complaint made on behalf of the Duchess of Sussex."
Reacting to the news on Twitter, Morgan wrote: "Where do I get to complain about all the shameful lies/smears in their interview & the terrible damage they've done to the Queen's mental health as her 99-yr-old husband spends his fourth week in hospital?"
Morgan is said to be considering several job offers - including one from new news channel GB News - now that he has departed GMB.