Anton Du Beke would reportedly be willing to return to his role as a professional dancer on Strictly Come Dancing next year if required.
The 55-year-old has been part of the ballroom contest since it began in 2004 and after years of speculation as well as a guest turn last year, he has finally stepped up to the judging panel full-time this year.
The move has seen him replace Bruno Tonioli, who is in the US filming Dancing With The Stars - although the arrangement is only expected to last for the current series as Tonioli is expected back in 2022.
A source told The Sun: "Anton is loving his stint as a judge and producers are delighted with the job he's been doing standing in for Bruno. That said Bruno is a one-off and everybody expects to see him back. Producers will then have a tough choice to make.
"If in a year's time Bruno comes back and Anton is invited to return as a dancer he would do it but it would definitely feel a bit weird for him.
"Once you've been a judge and decided who stays and goes it is very tricky to make that step back into the competition and take part against all the other dancers. Anton's a professional so would make the best of the situation but it wouldn't be an easy transition."
The current series of Strictly continues Saturday and Sunday nights on BBC One.