Matthew Perry did not have fentanyl or meth in his system at the time of his death, initial autopsy results have revealed.
The Friends star died at the age of 54 on Saturday, having been found unresponsive in a hot tub at his Los Angeles home.
Perry had previously suffered with addiction to alcohol and drugs but is thought to have been sober for the last two years, and police did not find any evidence of illegal substances at his property.
According to TMZ, more in-depth tests for other illegal drugs, as well as the levels of prescription drugs in his system, are now being conducted but it may take as long as four to six months for the results to come back.
Perry's shock death sparked an outpouring of tributes, including from his Friends co-stars Courteney Cox, Jennifer Aniston, Lisa Kudrow, David Schwimmer and Matt LeBlanc, who issued a joint statement saying that they were all "utterly devastated" by their "unfathomable loss".