Katie Price is reportedly not keen to go to court over her alleged assault earlier this week which left her with facial injuries.
Police were called to the home of the 43-year-old in Essex in the early hours of Monday morning and she was taken to hospital after what she described as an "unprovoked" attack.
A man in his early 30s, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was arrested on suspicion of assault and theft but has since been released on bail until September 20.
"This is a nightmare situation for Katie," a source told The Sun.
"She absolutely stands by her account of events of that night given to police, but upon reflection isn't sure she's mentally strong enough to go through yet another court appearance.
"She doesn't want to be dragged through the mill, and her private life scrutinised by all and sundry. Katie doesn't see any other way out."
A police spokesman said: "We have a duty of care to gather all evidence relating to this case and our inquiries continue."
If Price decides not to proceed then the case against her alleged attacker could apparently be dropped within days.